Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Silicone Mould Making

This post is dedicated to making things with your hands. I had forgotten how rewarding it is! At the moment I'm on a mission to learn how to make candles and today was the first step - mould making! Two part silicone mould making to be exact. If you are based in Melbourne and are interested in learning  how to make your own moulds for whatever reason I can highly recommend Peter from Paradoxx - he runs 1 day workshops every month or so from the Northcote Pottery. There are usually only 5 people per class and there is plenty of time to ask questions and get tips. I will let you know how the second part of the candle making goes! Enjoy the pics.  


My mould with a resin cast setting inside.

Tools of the trade.

More tools...

Hannah's mould.

Meet jose and his brothers - we each cast one. 

The perfect pottery chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment